At Avansa Business Technologies, we have made a concerted effort to reduce our carbon footprint by initiating a packaging sustainability strategy which helps us to seek opportunities to reduce the carbon emissions and waste associated through our packaging. Working in partnership with the Oasis Association, we have agreed to supply them with all of our waste materials from packaging and through general office use. According to their website: “Today Oasis Association is a model of integrated services. We provide employment opportunities, skills development training, day care centres and residential homes for over 450 men, women and children in the greater Cape Town area. We are a registered non profit organisation (Registration No: 002-937 NPO) and have Income Tax Exemption in terms of Section 18A of the Income Tax Act. As a Public Benefit Organisation (930006609), donations are tax dedudtible. Our mission is to enable persons with intellectual disability to realise their fullest potential at each stage of their development, and thereby become as independent and productive as possible within the community.” To view their website click here Recycling is one of the best ways for you to have a positive impact on the world in which we live as it is important to both the natural environment and us. We must act fast as the amount of waste we create is increasing all the time. It’s estimated that Cape Town residents produce over 6000 tons of waste per day which means that each person (and there are approximately 3 million people in the greater Cape Town area) produces over 1.72 kilograms of waste per day! And even more frightening, waste generation in Cape Town grows at approximately 7 % a year. According to an Environmental Affairs and Tourism media statement issued in 2007, South Africa has set a national target of reducing the amount of waste going to landfills by 70% by 2022, and to minimise and treat the remaining 30%.