NON-DEFECTIVE PRODUCTS – YOUR RIGHTS TO ‘COOL OFF’
We want you to be fully satisfied with every item that you purchase from AVANSA. If you are not satisfied with an item that you have purchased, you may return it within 30 days from the order date for a full refund of the purchase price. The product must be returned in a “as new condition” otherwise it will not be accepted for refund. It must be returned with the original packaging and all extras, otherwise you will be held liable for a re-boxing fee. Customer is responsible for all shipping costs
DEFECTIVE / DAMAGED / UNSUITABLE PRODUCTS
GENERAL RULE: If, within 1 year after delivery of a product to you,
- you find that the product is defective/faulty, unsuitable for the purpose for which it was indicated in the product description (or otherwise generally intended), not legal, or not reasonably durable (based on circumstances and product type) (hereinafter referred to as being “Defective”); and
- you arrange to return such product to Avansa for inspection in the manner described in the ‘Arranging Returns’ section below (being the ONLY manner in which returns will be accepted)
and the product is subsequently found –
- to indeed be Defective, you are entitled to have the product repaired or replaced at Avansa’s expense;
- NOT to be Defective, you will be liable for the costs incurred in having such product returned to Avansa and then re-delivered to you.
WHEN IS A PRODUCT ‘DEFECTIVE’? Please note that the following issues/problems will NOT render the product Defective as aforesaid and will not entitle you to any repair, replacement or refund:
- faults resulting from normal wear and tear;
- where you, or someone unauthorised to do so by Avansa, has altered or damaged the product. IMPORTANT: you should refuse to accept delivery of any product which is visibly damaged, and if you only discover the damage after the courier has left (eg. a cracked screen), then you must report it to Avansa as soon as possible and within 48 hours. If only reported after 48 hours, it is reasonable for Avansa or its suppliers to determine that the damage was caused post delivery
Products which are NOT defective, damaged or unsuitable as discussed above, but which you want to return for whatever reason, can be returned within 7 days from delivery, as explained above under ‘Non-Defective Products – your right to ‘Cool Off’. By following the returns procedure set out in ‘Arranging Returns’ below.
NOTE: If you wish to return any non-defective product delivered to you for a refund as aforesaid, please do not remove the product from its original packaging and/or use or wear the Product. Remember that Avansa may hold you liable for any damage you cause to the product (including its packaging) while in your possession.
Incorrect Product: If the incorrect Product is delivered to you by mistake (ie. it is not the Product you purchased), please do not remove the Product from its original packaging, open or use the Product in any way. Please promptly contact the Avansa call centre at +27 21 448 4011 to notify Avansa thereof, so that we can resolve the mistake by arranging to collect such Product from you and deliver the correct Product to you, as quickly as possible.
If you want to return a product you have purchased from Avansa for any reason permitted under this Refund Policy, you must in all instances first notify Avansa thereof to inform us of the reason for your return by contacting us via either:
- our email at: email@example.com
- our call centre at: +27 21 448 4011
Once you have successfully logged your return as aforesaid, Avansa will issue you with a returns authorisation number (“RA Number”) and arrange for the collection of the product from you. You must ensure that the Product to be collected by the courier is packed so as to comply with the following:
- the Product is properly protected;
- save where being returned due to being Defective, the Product is still in its original packaging, together with all accessories, instructions and documentation (if any), and in perfect condition for the purposes of resale (ie. the product must not be damaged, scratched, soiled, and in the case of electronic hardware, the adhesive screen covers must not have been removed); and
- aforesaid RA Number is accurately reflected on the courier’s collection slip.
- Avansa is not able to accept the return of any products which have not gone through the above process and/or are not accompanied by a valid RA Number. Products returned without a valid RA Number will not have been validly returned and may be sent back to you at your expense.
- Please treat products and packaging with extreme care while in your possession. Nothing herein detracts from any right Avansa may have to hold you liable for any damage you cause to a product (including its packaging) while in your possession.
PROCESSING OF REFUNDS
As refunds need to be processed by the banks, please note that the processing of refunds can take up to 5 working days from approval date.